Sunday 20 January 2013

Social Mums Say - Melbourne 2013

SOCIAL MUMS SAY - Melbourne 2013 Kids business

Had a wonderful day at the Social Mums Say Event Was great learning about so many products I never come across as I whiz through the supermarket with 3 kids and a shopping list! Now will look out for them on my shop and will introduce some variety and excitement at meal times! Was a fun day out for the kids as they were lots of arts and craft, and other fun activities, so no cranky kids the whole time we were there!

Was a beautiful location by the Yarra river and the kids even had time for a play at the Birrarung Marr play center after the event, while hubby and me watched the inventive costumes for all those going to watch the Melbourne Tennis at Rod Laver Arena!

Micador Micador - Was totally fascinated with the facepaint/crayon. As well as the wide range of other products. With a son very interested in art, was good to know the range of varied products rather than purchasing the same stuff over and over again. Do wish the face paint sticks were brighter in colour on the face though.

Macro Organic


The sausages were yummy, I actually tried buying the Lamb mint and rosemary ones on my Sunday shop at 2 different Woollies yesterday and they were not available :(! Loved the mini kids size sausages too. Good for the whole family and tasty too!





Busy with the barbie! 



Philadelphia

While I do buy a lot of products for baking from the Philly and Cadbury range already have always been a bit nervous about Cheesecakes! Well, no more! Learnt lots of information on the brand from staff!Thanks!


The Philadelphia Cream for desserts has 50% less cream than regular double cream!
The Cream cheese frosting with a hint of lemon is so easy when you want to make a cake in a hurry!

Have started baking a lot more this year and experimenting with desserts I was to scared to try, the Philly range does make it easier!










Cell Care Australia - The kids enjoyed the colouring in sheets!


Cleansui - 



The water we tasted was so fresh and clean.
While Melbourne water is one of the cleanest  in the world.
It does have a chlorine smell and taste which can be quite strong.
The team demonstrated with some dirty brownish water collected from the Yarra River and the Cleansui jug was able to filter it perfectly! The picture to the right is of the Cleansui Filter jug. Am enjoying using it, its simple and easy way to get pure filtered, fresh tasting, water. The rectangle shaped base makes it easy to store in the fridge too!




















Mc Cormick - 



Cannot wait to experiment with the Marinade in a bag range with flavours like Honey Soy, Red Wine & Garlic, Teriyaki and Sticky BBQ! They are perfect when you are in a hurry to get dinner done!Also gives a change of flavours to my usual recipes and will help to keep dinner interesting!



Was introduced by Amer from McCormick to a whole new range of their products to try.  I never have enough time to learn about new products in the range while shopping so it was very informative for future shopping sessions. Especially loved lunch, the salad and honey soy chicken in particular!







Medibank - Already Medibank members, the staff again were very helpful, my son enjoyed the  ipad app for finding out how long it takes to burn of various foods! (Takes 35 mins of table tennis to burn off a sushi roll!, I lost interest in the app after that! :) Loved Dorothy the Dinosaur. And useful to learn about the Nurse helpline too.


SPC - The interactive big apple was so much fun for the kids. A big screen Fruit Ninja of a game! Loved the little fruit pouches for my kids lunch boxes!



Dyson - Very good demo of the hand held vacuum, on my list of"must buy soon" stuff! Its bagless and very lightweight.  Have been using the brand for years and nice to learn about the newest products. The toy vacuum are so cute, my little girl is enjoying following me around while I vacuum today!

Hallmark - Cannot get over the lunch note pads. They had the cutest most heart warming messages. While I love handwritten notes, these little slips mean I can send notes with their lunch more often! Was nice to see a wider range of Hallmark  products, rather than the usual birthday/Christmas cards I'm accustomed to. The wrist bump text bands were a bit hit with my kids!. My daughter who is 5 is actually learning more new words, and its a fun way to test my 8 year old son on his daily spelling words homework once he starts school next month!



No comments:

Post a Comment